Friday, September 16, 2016

Why Become a Teacher?

There are many reason as to why I would love to become a teacher.  One reason is because my mom is a math teacher and I see how well she has connected with her students throughout the years and how she has made good relationships with past students.  A prime example I have like this is that my mom taught a guy by the name of C.J. McCollum.  I knew almost all of my moms students, especially this one.  C.J. played basketball in high school and he would always ask my mom after school if I could go to the high school and rebound for him.  C.J. is now playing in the NBA with the Portland Trailblazers.  As a teacher I would love to build relationships like this and know that my students are out doing big things in the world.

A second reason why I want to be a teacher is because I want to be able to coach.  I have always wanted to be a coach of any sport when I was younger and now I feel the best opportunity I have to do that is to be a teacher in the same school district that I want to coach in.

A third and final reason I want to be a teacher is the fact that I have the opportunity to influence the students at a very young age.  I may not think of it or know it at the time, but as they graduate both high school and college and go on to work in their professional lives I can say I had a little bit of a part in that.  I want to be that teacher that all the students want to have and enjoy having.  I want all the students to feel comfortable talking to me about anything and hoping that I can be there for anyone and everyone who needs me.  The main reason I want to do this for them is because I see how all the students, both past and present, that look up to mom and talk to her about anything.  She had an influence on many students that she taught and they never failed to let her know how much she means to them and how much she helped them out.

These are just a few reasons why I would love to become a teacher.  Being a teacher is something I have wanted to be for awhile and a lot of people have made fun of me for it but I do not care.  There are not many jobs that you can influence so many kids in the younger generation at once then you cam while being a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment