Tuesday, September 6, 2016

About Me

Hello, my name is Cameron Mayle, most people call me Cam but it does not matter to me what you call me, either is fine.  I am from North Canton, Ohio and I went to Hoover High School.  I plan to major in middle childhood education.  Specifically, I would like to teach middle school math.  I really got the idea that I wanted to be a middle school teacher because I am in the classroom a lot of the time with my mom since she is a middle school math teacher.  The reason I decided I wanted to teach math is because it seems as if math comes very easy to me and I have been around it nearly my whole life btoh in and out of school being around my mom.  In high school I was a three sport athlete.  I played football, baseball, and basketball for my high school.  My junior year in football I ended up fracturing my neck and tearing both my ACL and meniscus.  After tearing my ACL and meniscus I had to miss my junior year in baseball and basketball.  But I got recruited to play baseball here at John Carroll and I am very excited for it.  Family and friends are definitely two of the biggest things in my life.  My family means so much to me and I would not be where I am today if it was not for them.  My parents especially are such an inspiration to me and they always pushed me to do my best and I would always listen to them and would never want to disappoint them.

For me to be comfortable in the classroom I will have to be comfortable with everyone around me and know that whatever I say they will not judge me for it.  I do not want to say something knowing that someone else may think is stupid or will think I am dumb for either asking or saying something.  I enjoy knowing that we will have a class that is very close and can say whatever we want without being judged by another person.

A memory I have from past school experiences is in my high school math class during finals week our teacher brought in a bunny and kept it in our room until the finals was over and we would pet it if we got stressed.  It was a great experience and I loved having a stress reliever in the class and it would get our mind off things and we were able to relax with the bunny.

A big concern I have about the education major is the money.  I am concerned I will not get enough pay but for that reason I would love to also coach at that school.  I definitely have strong sense that I want to coach and have wanted to since I was younger.  I feel the pay would also be a little better if I was a coach and teacher.  Another thing I am concerned about is finding the wrong grade to teach and not liking the grade I am teaching the point.

A question that I would like to ask you is how did you know teaching was the right thing to do for yourself and that you knew you wanted to be a teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment