Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Blog Post 7

What is greatness in teaching?  In my opinion there are many things that can make a great teacher and lead to great things.  In my opinion the biggest trait to make a great teacher is the ability to connect with the students.  The more a teacher connects with the students and gets to know each of his students the more respect he will gain from the students and the greater chance that they will pay attention and learn.

Another big aspect of teaching I feel makes a teacher great is if the they have all their plans planned out and know how they are going to get through day by day.  If I was a teacher I would dedicate a whole week to go over a topic in class and then they next week I would see if any of the students had questions about what to do, on Monday and Tuesday.  Then on Wednesday and Thursday I would play some review games with the students and give them worksheets.  But, if it happened to be a short lesson, then I would teach the lesson on Monday and Tuesday then go over it in class half of Wednesday and then hand out a worksheet due Thursday for extra credit and then play a review game Thursday and have the test Friday.

The one big thing is that I would never give a test on a Monday because I know as a student I never liked having tests on Monday.  Also, I dreaded going to school every Monday and would not put my students through the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment