Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Blog Post 6

There many interesting things I found about this section in the book.  The one particular note I did see and make is the fact that the teacher has to teach as if the teacher knows everything and that the students know nothing.  I have many mixed emotions about this saying. There is a part of me that truly agrees with this, but at the same time there a part of me that completely disagrees with this.

I agree with this because as a teacher you would want to assume the students do not know anything about the topic you are discussing and teaching.  You would want to do this because this will allow you, as the teacher, to not skip over any important things and you will not just assume that the students know it

But, the other part of me disagrees with this because in my opinion no matter the class or student, everyone will bring some knowledge worth notable to the table.  Also, the chances of the teacher knowing everything about a certain topic is very unlikely.  As a teacher you do not just want to go into the class assuming the class knows nothing because then that may kill your drive to teach, or willingness to teach.

As a teacher I would approach by introducing the topic we would be talking about the topic in class and ask the student what they knew about it.  I would do this because it give me, the teacher, a good idea of what the students truly know and what they do not know

No comments:

Post a Comment