Sunday, October 2, 2016

Noble Elementary School

Noble Elementary played a big role in allowing me to realize even more why I do not want to be an Early childhood major.  Even though I am a Middle Childhood major and realize it is 4th-9th grade I would like to be in more of the 7th or 8th grade range.

For about 40 minutes I observed a first grade class and for pretty much the whole time the students were all seated working on the workbooks and worked independently.  They were not very noisy which I thought was surprising.  I was expecting a very chaotic class but they teacher kept it in control and it seemed like all the kids wanted to be there and wanted to learn.  But the fourth grade class I observed for the other 20 minutes was much different.  All the kids were out of their seats roaming around the room and were very noisy.  I felt the teacher had very little control of the class and it was much different from the first grade class.  I expected the roles of the classroom to be switched.

After observing at Noble I felt like this reinforced my thinking on why I do not want to teach elementary school kids and want to be a middle school teacher



Interpretations                                                                           Descriptions
Class was loud and noisy                                                          Students got quite when they were told
                                           
Everyone got rewarded                                                              Stayed seated most of the class

Tough for the kids who want                                                       Engaged and wanted to learn
to learn to actually learn

No comments:

Post a Comment